Time left




Monday, August 16, 2010

SpinTunes #1 Champion: Kevin Savino-Riker

Runner Up: Ross Durand

Congratulations Kevin! Each round you stepped up to meet whatever challenge you were handed, and as a reward you win this great big...oh wait...there is no trophy. Why exactly did we start this again? Oh yes, the music & outlet for creativity. Well congrats nonetheless your performance & dedication has been excellent Kevin. If we ever get t-shirts made for SpinTunes, I'll make sure you're the first to get one. Until then, all I have for you is this picture.



Kevin will be allowed to be a judge in the next competition, unless he decides to compete. He was also featured as Julia Sherred's Musician Of The Month. Kevin wrote a SpinTunes Epilogue, so be sure to check that out.

Ross, you deserve a round of applause as well. It may not be Nur Ein, but 4 original tunes on a set deadline is still an accomplishment.

Totals & Reviews:
In the end 16 of the 23 people sent in their votes, and the final count was 11 to 6 in favor of Kevin. The popular vote count was 16 to 10 in favor of Kevin as well.

Heather Zink - Julia Sherred - Joe "Covenant" Lamb - Spintown - Sammy Kablam

Thank You
Not only to Kevin & Ross, but to everyone that signed up or participated in SpinTunes. Judges, shadows, fans who listened & voted...you all played a role in making this contest happen. It has come to my attention, that there may have been some bumps along the way. Rules unclear, rules people don't like, things that weren't planned for, etc... I can promise you that I will #BlameHeather until these problems are taken care of. Thanks for sticking with the contest while I get my feet wet. Here's hoping I make all NEW mistakes in the next edition.

There will be 2 new blog posts over the next few days. The first is just something fun, and the second concerns changes for SpinTunes #2. Over the next couple days I'll be rereading all your thoughts on what needs to happen in SpinTunes #2. Then I'll be posting the polls so you all can vote on those changes Tuesday or Wednesday. I may leave off some of the things I had originally planned for you to vote on. Based on your responses to the discussion post, there were a couple issues most people seemed to agree on, so I see no reason to vote on them.

The next contest will probably start around the beginning of October. (but that's not set in stone) Keep an eye on the blog & @SpinTunes twitter feed for updates.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kevin!!

    I'm already looking forward to Spintunes 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod...)

    That's what I've been doing for the last couple minutes.

    First and foremost, I'm gonna echo what I said on Twitter a second ago - Ross, thanks so much for bringing your A-game to this contest. This coulda' gone either way, and I was very nervous about the results getting posted. I'm especially looking forward to hearing more from you.

    I can't help but feel that I'm rubbing elbows with a crowd of musicians that I have a lot to learn from. Each one of you did things that impressed and intimidated me. I'm so glad to have gotten acquainted with you all and I'm looking forward to hearing more amazing music from everybody...

    You all rock. Thanks again to Travis and to our judges; your compliments and your constructive criticisms have played no small part in the improvements I felt myself making over the last two months.

    Rock on, guys. Holy crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So -- congrats, Kevin!

    Congrats, everyone!


    And bring on SpinTunes #2!!!


    :-)

    Edric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you both, it was a hard choice! And when does the next one start?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It says in the blog post when I'm hoping to start the next contest. If it doesn't start around that time, I will probably wait unitl mid Jan to avoid having to plan around Thanksgiving & Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Kevin! When I first loaded this page and saw that picture come up, I smiled in deep recognition of just how special that particular Major Award is -- treasure it always!

    Congrats also to Ross, and all the other contestants, and Travis and everyone else involved in running the contest. And thanks so much for the opportunity to participate!

    Mark a.k.a. OHB

    ReplyDelete