Time left




Monday, August 16, 2010

SpinTunes #1 Round 4 Review: Spintown

I'm posting in place of Niveous this round, as I have not heard from him & the deadline is now passed. If he sends me his review, I'll add it below...

Kevin Savino-Riker - I like the idea...but I'm not big on the spoken lyrics. You can just ask Edric...I like to SING! This is well...very dull...in terms of singability. While listening to this I think of movie endings. You know how they often tell you what happened to all the characters years later at the end? Think "Sandlot" or the end of "Band Of Brothers". For what it is, it's great, but it's not really something I would listen to for fun. Bet your family LOVES it though.

Ross Durand - Overall this song was much more up my alley than Kevin's. I thought the transitions were better, it was singable & fun. I can overlook it being 3 seconds short (easy fix), but when someone pointed out the ethnic styles were also a bit short...well to stay consistent with how I've judged throughout this tournament (even though most of my reviews haven't been published), I'd have to vote Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment