Time left




Thursday, May 19, 2011

SpinTunes #3: Sign Up Page

The time has come for SpinTunes #3 to get underway. The rules are in place. New judges are in place & they will be working on the challenges soon. Now it's time to see who will be competing in SpinTunes #3.

I will need everyone who wants to participate to copy & paste the following text into their e-mail. Fill in the needed info, and then e-mail it to me at the address I provided below. Make sure you put "Spintown Contest" as the subject of the e-mail so I don't think it's spam. Also use an e-mail that I can reach you at if need be. Don't panic if you don't get a confirmation e-mail immediately after signing up. I'll message you back within 24 hours of getting your e-mail.

I _____________ give Travis Langworthy permission to upload any music I submit into his contest onto his blog (Spintown) & bandcamp. I realize it will become part of an album consisting of numerous other artists, and that it will be available for anyone to download for free. I also promise to give my very best effort in each round to complete the challenges. Providing NEW songs that have not been released before in any form. I also agree that anything that goes wrong during this competition is Heather's fault.

Name: (The name you or your group wants to be referred to during the competition.)

Bio: (Give a brief description of your group/music/history in 500 CHARACTERS or less. I know it's brief, but it's more than Twitter allows. :p Besides, links to your sites will be provided if people want to learn more about you.)

Twitter: (If you got one & want to share. *optional* If there's multiple accounts for multiple band members that's fine.)

YouTube: (If you got one & want to share. *optional*)

Band Website: (If it's different than either of the above. *optional*)

Pictures: (I need a band picture or logo. The image should be 100x100, and if it's not I'll do my best to make it so. Don't forget to actually attach the picture.)

Judges:
Here's a list of the people that will be making the challenges, reviewing your work & of course voting on the songs:

1. Mitchell Adam Johnson - The current champion of SpinTunes.

2. Mike Lombardo - Last Masters Of Song Fu champion.

3. Dave Santucci - is a professional whistler, songwriter, musician, and recording artist from Southern California. He has a small but loyal following on YouTube and recently released his first album, "My Lucky Day," on iTunes. Dave was recently diagnosed with chronic music-on-the-brain syndrome.

4. Ben Davila - is the co-founder of The Song Club and has been writing a song a week for over two years. He studied music at LIPA in Liverpool England before moving to San Fransisco. Ben is currently a member of Okay Jose a six piece indie rock band and is working as a music teacher at the bird school of music.

5. Glenn Case - Is the champion of the very first Nur Ein.

Schedule:
Sign ups will last until June 7th 11:59PM (T).

The first challenge will be posted June 9th 1AM (R)

My best guess as to what the whole schedule will look like can be found HERE.

Update:
- Someone e-mailed me a very good question yesterday. I decided to address it on the rules page. The new rules involve how many groups you're allowed to be a part of & how many songs you can submit each round. Check out the section called "Multiple Songs".

No comments:

Post a Comment