Time left




Saturday, August 6, 2011

SpinTunes #3 Round 4 Review: Anhayla

Anhayla is another YouTuber I've followed for a long time now. I've become a fan or her originals & her covers that get posted on her channel: anhaylarene.

I'm really honored to be a judge for round 4 of SpinTunes. When I listen to a song, I want to hear a great melody and an even better story line. Music and lyrics should never compete in a song and they should complement each other in every measure. I appreciate all types of music and love creativity. Please take my comments as words of encouragement and constructive criticism. Let's get down to it.

Ross Durand
This was a great song and it was very easy to follow. I liked how the song had a concrete beginning, middle, and an end. Also, you told a great story through your lyrics. My only advice would be to add either more music or more harmonies to the chorus to make it stand out. I would like to see the last line of the chorus "Cause they don't make em like me anymore" have more of a punch to symbolize the end of that segment. Maybe you could repeat it again or possible adjust the melody. Great song! I could easily hear this on the radio.

Matt And Donna
Loved the melody of the lyrics in the verse. I love that the lyrics weren't predictable and that you said things in a creative way. I would have liked to have seen more variation in the piano to separate the different parts of the song. Also, I was reading the info about the song and noticed it was about "an old car who is on its' last legs and has been abandoned by its' owner." When I listened to the song, I thought it was about an actual relationship between people. I'm not sure if this was the point, however, if you want to get your idea across you should reference the actual word "car" so your audience will understand clearly. Overall, loved the poetry in this song.

Charlie McCarron
The music was really beautiful and it complemented the theme of the song. I really enjoyed the guitar and the subtle drums. This was a great love story about a young relationship. I could really identify with being head over heals for your first love. However, I would have liked to have seen more structure with the lyrics. There weren't any memorable lines that lingered in my mind at the conclusion of the song. It would have been nice to hear the last part "skip stones with me" repeated earlier to create a refrain. Very beautiful song and lyrics.

Pat And Gweebol
I enjoyed the chorus the most. You painted a beautiful picture with the lyrics you chose. Most of all, I think it complemented the music in the chorus. The lyrics in the verse could be developed a little more by describing where the Deville is going. Develop the atmosphere that you and your love share so your listeners will know exactly what to imagine in the chorus. I wasn't the biggest fan of the music, it was a little repetitive. It seemed like the music was over powering the song in most parts. In the end, It was a nice song that the entire family could enjoy and that's what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment