Time left




Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rewording Deadline Rule

We had a situation with one of the competitors & the most recent deadline. As written, the rule had a little too much gray area, so I'm rewording it slightly. Here's how it read before:
"Must be submitted by the given deadline. Otherwise it'll be posted as a shadow."
This is how it is now worded on the "Rules" page:
"Entries must be received by the given deadline. Otherwise it'll be posted as a shadow. Received means that it has to appear in my e-mail inbox by the given deadline. I will be going by the time stamp on the e-mail in my inbox."
If you use YouSendIt (or another file sharing service) sometimes there's a delay from the time you upload & send it, to when the service actually gets it to me. So don't wait until the very last second if you're using a service like that. If you finish early, but want to hold onto your song, I suggest you send me a copy early. If you make changes before the deadline then resend it, I'll use the most recent copy you sent. But if something happens that prevents you from resending on time....at least you have something turned in. From here on out, 1 minute late (going my the e-mail time stamp) is one minute too late.

I'm going to post the results of the popular vote from round 1, on the page with the judges rankings. Just for future reference if people are curious. LINKAGE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for getting this contest going. I hope that someday SpinTunes drives enough traffic so that you can make some money from ads, because you really should be getting paid for all the headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but what few headaches there are have been very small. And if it wasn't more fun than trouble, I wouldn't do it. Besides, most of the headaches have been brought on by myself. The first time you do something there's usually mistakes, and I'm hoping I learn enough so that the second time it's smooth sailing for everyone. As for ads...I never liked ads...and making money off the work of people in this contest is something I wouldn't do.

    Everyone that enters the contest puts more work than I do into this site.

    ReplyDelete