Time left




Monday, November 22, 2010

Round 4 LP & Deadline News

We have good news & potentially very bad news. The good news is that I got songs from all 4 finalist. The bad news is that 1 of them might be DQ'ed. (don't worry, if you haven't heard about it...it ain't you) The judges & myself are working matters out in our Super Secret Forum, and will hopefully have a decision about that entry soon.

Now the really great news is that we have 9 shadows turned in so far. Could still get more before the LP, but that means at least 13 new songs this round.

I hope everyone remembers that the judges do not decide who wins this round. The finals are determined by YOU! "In the last round, everyone who has been eliminated (who also submitted at least 1 song) will be allowed to rank the songs. This round the judges have no say in matters, but they will still be required to review each song. Rules for a tie are altered just a bit. Popular vote is the first deciding factor, and then the judges are the last deciding factor." If you are entered as a group or band...you only get 1 vote. You have to decide as a group how to rank the entries. The 4 finalist will not be voting/ranking. More on that stuff later...

Art Contest:
There were 2 album covers submitted for this round. So I'll upload both of them (links below), and you can vote for your favorite in the 2nd poll in the right sidebar. The one that wins the popular vote will be the round 4 album cover.

Dave & JoAnn

Listening Party:
It will be hosted by me at the following address: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spintunes

It will officially start at 8PM Cincinnati time, (check the counter) TODAY. I will probably start broadcasting a little early just to make sure everything is set up & ready, but won't start the SpinTunes songs until 8PM. All songs will be available for FREE listen & download shortly after the LP.

If you plan on turning in a late shadow song for this round, you should have it turned in by 5PM if you want me to play it at the LP. Like I said...it'll be a busy day for me...

I didn't have time to make place cards or post the lyrics, but I did post a PLAYLIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment