Now that our Round 1 challenge has been posted, contestants are hard at work on their entries. But who are these contestants? Who will be vying for the title of SpinTunes 26? Fifty-three contestants have thrown their hats in the ring, and what a varied collection of hats they are. We have long-time contestants and first-time contestants, singers and emcees, pianists and guitarists, former champions and former judges. Read on to meet them!
All the Stuffed Animals
"All the Stuffed Animals" is a side project of Samantha Seguin, member of Wooden Ducks (her main project) and Canvasback. This project explores spirituality, faith, and the natural world through a childlike perspective. The music is a mix between hypnagogic ambient, lo-fi noise, and confessional lyricism.
Wooden Ducks: Bandcamp | Instagram | Website
Canvasback: Bandcamp | Instagram
Also In Blue
ALSO IN BLUE is the nom de guerre of Scott Test, a music educator and singer/songwriter who writes at the expense of doing the dishes or getting reasonable amounts of sleep. Winner of the 2025 Songwriters Showcase at the Rocky Mountain Folks Festival; 2026 showcase at Singer Songwriter Cape May. Long-time FAWMer; winner of SpinTunes 17; judge of SpinTunes 18; participant in SpinTunes 19 & 20 - and grateful to a great community of songwriters for the opportunity to part of this.
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Spotify
Berkeley Social Scene
Live backing tracks! In the same room. Live drummer!
Best Dad In Yorkshire
Firstly, I don't claim to be the best dad, I'm probably your average annoying dad. However, I got fed up with my usual alias and saw a coaster my daughter bought me for Father's Day. I actually struggled with committing to using the name because I felt it was far too confident and didn't fit my personality. For that exact reason, I decided to go for it. Maybe it will affect how I write, or that of course could be a load of turd!
Anywho, what you can expect from me are upbeat, catchy, driving folk-rock tracks that are retrospective. Like many musicians, I write songs to process things that are bothering me, and unless a challenge forces me not to, I shall continue to do so.
I am currently working on completing an album, and although I have all the tracks I want, I am hoping I might write something here that could replace the weaker tracks. Plus, this competition should help me hone a sound I can use for the record.
Best of luck to everyone, and thanks in advance to the judges. I know how hard it is.
Mike Out
Betty and the Rubble
Stripped down, alternative rock with honest, gutsy lyrics.
Betty and Rubble formed in early 2022 in the space between Maple Grove and Rochester, MN (Eagan, MN). They released EPs in June 2023 and February 2025. B n' R bring an optimistic and up beat energy to their music while capturing the tension between vulnerability and defiance.
Boffo Yux Dudes
Yes.
Yes, we are.
We are Boffo.
We are full of Yux.
And we are Dudes.
We're also doing this for the 26th time or so. I think we still hold the record for shadow entries, but who knows any longer.
If you can do more, go for it!
YouTube | Website | Blog | Bandcamp | Twitter | Facebook | BlueSky
Boo Lee Crosser
This is my 2nd year participating in Spintunes as a solo artist.
Brother Baker
Brother Baker is two brothers from Youngstown, Ohio who started rocking out together in high school almost 20 years ago. Life took them in different directions, until they reunited and started making music again in St. Petersburg, Florida 5 years ago. They've since moved to different states, but want to continue to bring the world that same post pop punk vibe virtually.
BucketHatBobby
BucketHatBobby (Previously ""BucketHat"" Bobby Matheson) has been making songs based on random prompts and putting them on the internet since 2005.
He's been part of these online songwriting competitions since 2008.
After 20 years, he's ready to buckle down and claim the title of champion.
Carrie Spillane
Carrie Spillane is a Massachusetts-based songwriter. Carrie uses a piano and a microphone, introspective lyrics, and layered harmonies to create honest, heart-felt music from her living room. Currently, she is working on a new collection of songs with hopes of heading into the studio to craft her first EP.
Cheslain
Singer/songwriter, guitarist, drummer sometimes doing folky stuff, occasionally rocking out and every now and then veering towards weirdness. Overuser of Mellotron.
chewmeupspitmeout
Regular Nur Ein, Spintunes and FAWM (@sailingmagpie) participant. I used to release music as The Serviettes but I've become a bit lax recently and need some Spintunes inspiration.
christine fanning
Singer songwriter recent to this creative medium following an MA in Art Psyche and Creative Imagination, through which my few songs came.
Cosmic Ray Corruption
Producer for nerdcore hiphop group Obvious Corruption. Guitarist, singer, and generally a person.
Dave
I have never written a song before this.David Taro
Third time lucky? Or possibly not. Once again, I've timed my summer holiday to clash with round 1 (I *think* I have one day to record), so this may be a somewhat optimistic entry on my part. But SpinTunes is tremendous fun, as is writing new tunes, so let's go!
▷
hello i am an artist/musician specialising in strange experiences... but sometimes i just make very bizarre pop music. i've been entering this contest pretty consistently since Spintunes 20 under different names, and maybe i'll win this one
Falcon Artist
Flintsteel
POWER METAL FROM OK
galoshy
galoshy is a spectral entity and an alternate universe version of Andrew Corporon, a vocalist and noise/drone musician. He has two cats, one kid, and zero teeth.
Glen Phillips
Glennny overtly glennny.
Hot Pink Halo
Warning: loves drum machines.
Huge Shark
Huge Shark is an ancient megalodon who swims in the cold waters of the Pacific. She hits the keys with her fins and bellows a lot.
Ironbark
I won't have time for this, but I'm entering anyway because I miss SpinTunes.
Ish1da
Somewhere between Lupe Fiasco and Mac Dre
Jealous Brother
Jealous Brother is an Americana rock band from Southern Minnesota. Band members have been writing, recording and performing together for almost twenty years. They are influenced by the 90s Minneapolis music scene, classic rock like Neil Young, the Stones and the Beatles, and 80s and 90s pop.
Jennifer Lynne and the Dandelion Rebellion
The Dandelion Rebellion is led by singer song writer Jennifer Lynne; a semi finalist at the 2026 American Songwriting Contest, and the 2026 UK Songwriting Contest. The group brings together stunning vocals with Americana traditions and harmonies.
lanya
Hi, im Mat. Im 18 and play classical guitar sometimes and figured id try this out!
miscellaneous owl
Madison, WI bedroom pop multi-instrumentalist. Also guitar/keys/vox in Gentle Brontosaurus.
Bandcamp (solo) | Bandcamp (band)
Möbius Strip Club
Cybronica and MissCalcul8 return to write music together once more!
N/A
2 piece band consisting of Neive and Aidan. We focus on creating original music but enjoy a good cover every now and then! Hoping this competition will prompt some new original music that pushes our boundaries and breaks outside our comfort zones.
Nathan Joe Long
Nathan Joe Long is a song writer based out of Denver Colorado. He mostly resides in the United States of Americana, but ventures out once in a while. He completed 15 songs in February through FAWM and shadowed his way through spintunes 25 after a first round elimination. He's fresh out of a first time through Planet Bluegrass Song School this summer and looking forward to making music with you.
Night Sky
Night Sky is Sally on lyrics, Steve on drums, and Matt on the other stuff. We started writing songs for song fight in 2020 and participated in a few SpinTunes contests starting with 17, but have been in songwriting lull of late.
Ominous Ride
Haven't picked up the guitar or done any writing in a minute. As long as I can get my brain and my fingers to function properly, I'm looking forward to competing and hearing everyone's music.
Paul Dermody
Amateur singer songwriter living in Portlaoise. Born in Dublin, he first played at an open mic in the International Bar. Moved to Costa Rica in is early 20's where he lived for 30 years. Now back in Ireland he runs an open mic for songwriters once a month in Portlaoise.
Pigfarmer Jr
Pigfarmer Jr hopes to someday be a journeyman pig farmer but isn't holding out much hope.
Ross Durand
Ross is a Southern California singer-songwriter. He was active in the 1990s Coffee Houses of Orange County and joined the online songwriting community through Songfight! in the mid 2000s. it's been awhile, but he is a former Spintunes champ, and looking to oil off a little of the rust.
Siebass
I make rock, pop, and weird silly stuff. I am hoping you like it. Spintunes is fun, which is why I am here. I do FAWM, Nur Ein, and SongFight, hope to see you in the discord for one of those.
In the style of Sober, who is often right below me on the bios, this will be my fifth time losing Spintunes. Have fun, y'all.
So Then I Says to Mabel, I Says
Wyoming-based one man operation.
Sober
Maine music from a former Texan.
This will be his eighth time losing the SpinTunes competition.
Stacking Theory
This year, we’re going to try to be a little more upbeat, okay?
Star Bear
Boston area solo musical hobbyist. Star Bear’s music ranges from folk-ish to rock-ish to electronic-ish to alternativ-ish. Trying the contest again after first competing a few years ago. Here for the great music from everyone and hangouts.
Stefan Szabo
Sunflower Bastard
The Dreams Corporation
have you? will you ever have a dream? its entirely possible that you've accidentally dreamt of OUR location, and you were probably taken out of it by our staff members and dropped off at your nexus. we dont want random people accidentally ending up at The Dreams Corporation just incase one of you's breaks something. if you've accidentally seen something and want to forget, we are sorry.
the moon bureau
jangle popper dreaming of slumberland
The Pannacotta Army
As always, the army’s and Spintunes’ diaries fail to co-ordinate, so participation in ST26 will likely be limited to round one due to being on extended manoeuvres in Italy from mid September. When it comes to culture and enjoyment, it’s true the Tuscan and Umbrian countryside is no match for a songwriting contest where the only prize is the respect/envy of your fellow contestants, but hopefully I'll get over it.
the profane bells
it's fine to be mediocre
traumadolls
traumadolls is already inside the house
Turtle Fence
Andy is the "Atom" half of Atom & EV a wife-husband Avant-Rock band in DFW. Currently primary instrument is guitar, but he collects and plays most anything he can get his hands.
Virgo Power
I'm a weirdo who writes weird songs. I'm also in Lucky Witch & the Righteous Ghost. The name of my axe is Omnichord, it's not a toy piano, keyboard or Glockenspiel.
Vom Vorton
Vom recently made a spreadsheet of every song he'd ever written, looked at the frankly terrifying final list and thought "what this needs is MORE".
west of vine
alt-country / roots rock; a boston area 5 piece IRL but for spintunes purposes just me in my basement
No comments:
Post a Comment